|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2019|
The responsibility of the Asset Protection Investigator (API) is to support Asset Protection Management in the implementation and execution of all necessary asset protection programs as directed. This includes executing the internal investigations program and assisting in the execution of the external investigations program, components of the shortage control and safety programs. The API is responsible to impact the reduction of inventory shortage and controllable losses in their assigned location. The API is responsible to conduct and resolve quality internal investigations utilizing all tools and resources provided in accordance with all company policies and procedures as it pertains to internal investigations, confidentiality and record retention. To be successful, the API must consistently demonstrate the following essential functions
- Ability to develop investigations through exception reporting and trend analysis.
- Responsible for internal case management, including the initiation, investigation, and timely conclusion of internal investigations.
- Execute the Internal Investigations Program inclusive of conducting investigations and interviews bringing cases to resolution. Ability to analyze cases to identify areas of opportunities and make recommendations to process to prohibit future losses.
- Perform in person and phone integrity interviews.
- Develop open lines of communication with Executives and Store Staff. Build relationships within location in order to generate leads.
- Work with Asset Protection Manager to execute the internal strategy.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and projects through to completion while demonstrating the ability to communicate the findings clearly and effectively.
- Effectively present data for prosecution and/or to business partners.
- Assist in the execution of the External Protection Program following all policies and procedures as they pertain to apprehensions, CCTV usage, and record retention etc.
- In conjunction with APM and Store Leadership communicate the shortage action plans and shortage programs within store.
- Provide a safe environment for customers and associates. Ensure compliance to the safety program.
- Administer and enforce the policies and standards of the company.
- Network with local law enforcement and mall management.
- Represent Bloomingdale’s in court proceedings when necessary.
- Perform necessary administrative tasks as assigned by AP Management.
- 4 year college degree preferred, at least 2 years of experience in Asset Protection.
- Experience in conducting internal investigations and interviews, Wicklander-Zulawski Certified preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents/reports. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- May be a need to move or lift items approximately 10 pounds
- Possess a working knowledge of the physical security aspects of the job including, but not limited to exception reporting systems, CCTV, alarms, EAS, and access/key control.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to deliver constructive feedback.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities. Strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency.
- Highly organized and has the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on store and company needs inclusive of nights, weekends, and overnights.
- Must be available to respond to store emergencies at off hours including alarm calls.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.