|Date Posted||November 23, 2021|
Business Manager - Birmingham
West Midlands - Full Time / Permanent
Business Manager - Birmingham
As a Business Manager, you will motivate and support a professional and operational team to achieve high performance and exceed all contract targets including compliance and customer service
standards, through highly effective communication and leadership.
Overseeing participant engagement and operational daily management of sites, ensuring every
participant receives the best possible service through tailored, comprehensive support to give them the right tools to quickly move into sustainable employment.
As a Business Manager, you will be responsible for:
Leadership and Performance Management
- Analyse performance data, identifying potential risks or trends and propose/implement
- solutions to maintain and exceed performance expectations.
- Meet and exceed individual and team performance targets and Key Performance Indicators monthly, seeking feedback and input to continuously improve and deliver strong outcomes for our participants and commissioners.
- Provide the Regional Director with accurate forecasting and performance data as required.
- Create and lead on the implementation of performance improvement actions and plans by
- applying innovative approaches to performance challenges and ensuring the required actions are completed in line with expectations.
- Support the Regional Director in the preparation and delivery of performance updates at
- internal and external performance reviews.
- Provide leadership to ensure Team Leaders exceed expected performance and delivery standards through monthly performance reviews, coaching, observations, and relevant
- personal development activities.
- Monitor and manage the performance of individuals and respond quickly to address
- Apply/initiate formal actions required to address poor performance, attendance, timekeeping, and disciplinary matters.
- Support the planning and execution of recruitment to meet business plan and operational commitments.
- Seek guidance from the Employee Relations Specialist on employee relations matters where appropriate.
- Financial tracking and forecasting to the Regional Director, ensuring financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Represent the Regional Director at commissioner meetings and performance reviews,
- providing assurance on the progress of performance as required.
- Deliver and be accountable for commissioner action plans, providing regular updates.
- Maintaining strong external relationships with JCP teams, employability and skills teams and partnership organisations including key employer accounts
- Lead by example and ensure the values of Ingeus are always upheld.
- Meet all legislative and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Meet all contractual guidance requirements and ensure strong control systems are in place to effectively manage risks.
- Ensure Ingeus' policies and frameworks are understood and followed.
As a Business Manager, you will have:
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, with an ability to motivate large teams of people to achieve targets.
- Ability to understand and deliver against multiple contractual targets and measures.
- Experience of driving high levels of performance and identifying and implementing
- performance improvement.
- Experience of financial tracking and forecasting, with the ability to understand and work
- towards financial budget and preparation.
- Senior stakeholder management with the ability to present to and engage with multiple
- Ability to analyse and interpret performance data in order to maximise opportunities for driving high performance.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving environment with the ability to manage
- multiple priorities.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment, such as business to
- business sales or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the labour market, wider provision, and stakeholders local to the area in which you are applying.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing, with the ability to always pitch
- communications at the right level to engage, inspire and motivate your audience.
- High level digital literacy skills, and data accuracy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication technologies.
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage a busy
- schedule/workload under pressure.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional ongoing development
- Ability to follow and comply with contractual requirements alongside the ability to understand and adhere to GDPR.
- An ability to handle multiple priorities and projects for on time on budget delivery of the
- highest quality.
As an Ingeus employee, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- A flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Online discount shopping
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance, discounted gym membership, wellbeing services and more.
Part of international human services provider, APM Group, Ingeus is all about people and our mission is to enable better lives. We specialise in creating and delivering employment, health, justice, and youth services. Every day our teams across the UK help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We are purpose-led, passionate and proud to work with our colleagues, customers, and communities to drive social change.
At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone,
including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment. We are a Disability Confident Leader, a Mindful Employer, a Stonewall Champion, and we are committed to the Armed Forces
26 Nov 2021