|Date Posted||January 11, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.
Wholesale Control (WC)
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
This person will fulfill the front line role of the Privacy Leader for one or more Wholesale Lines of Business (LOBs). The Privacy Leader executes the requirements of relevant regulations, rules, and policies - including the Privacy and Solicitation Policy - for Wholesale customer and personal information.
• Understand the Enterprise Privacy Program and policies in order to identify and assess operational program risks as they relate to complex Wholesale business units.
• Collaborate with others on the Wholesale Control teams to ensure requirements of the Privacy risk management program is consistently being met by the line of business.
• Escalate elevated program risks to business, control, and IRM management
• Assist the business in the design and implementation of Privacy controls to mitigate program risk within the business.
• Manage regular privacy risk reporting, to business and control management.
• Assist the business with addressing identified Privacy risk issues and implementing corrective actions
• Promote awareness of requirements and/or operational risks related to/derived from Privacy Program activities
• Build strong relationships with Business Control Managers and business partners.
• Provide guidance to less experienced consultants.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 5+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management
Other Desired Qualifications
• Working familiarity with US and International Privacy and Solicitation Laws
• Working knowledge of marketing and solicitation processes, non-marketing outbound communications, and other information sharing business processes and technologies
• Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for managing program risks and issues
• Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
• Ability to interact effectively and confidently with business and program management
• Working knowledge of key enterprise risk management tools
• Experience developing, planning, and executing risk assessment routines
• Ability to develop strong, effective, and efficient risk reduction solutions
• Ability to manage conflict and provide credible challenge to the business on risk- and control-related items
• Experience in or supporting Wholesale businesses
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.