|Date Posted||November 24, 2021|
Centre Operations Assistant
Role: Centre Operations Assistant
Hours: 40 hours between 8:30am 5:30pm Monday to Friday (occasional work out of normal business hours)
Reporting to: Centre Operations Manager
Who are we?
NewFlex operates a rapidly expanding and diverse nationwide network of business centres offering flexible workspaces to entrepreneurs and businesses. We give our Customers the flexibility, independence, 'Freedom at Work', and support to create, grow and enjoy running their businesses in our centres.
We've been going from strength to strength for 25 years to cement our position as 'The Property Manager for the New Economy'. We're currently experiencing a sensational period of growth as the flexible officing revolution continues to disrupt the traditional office market. Our unique Client management model connects building owners (Clients) with occupiers (Customers) to generate cash from underutilised office space in all types of buildings from Aberdeen to Brighton. NewFlex is creating a positive alternative in the business centre market.
What are our values?
Our values shape our culture and guide us how we go about our daily business to support our purpose and ambition.
The purpose of NewFlex is to make a sustainable profit from unleashing the potential of buildings and people.
Our values are Smart, Supportive, Prudent, Straightforward and Responsible. We expect all our employees to live our values in everything they do at work. Our values make us who we are.
What will you do?
The Centre Operations Assistant primary responsibility is to deliver world class customer experience and support the Centre Operations Manager to deliver operational excellence keeping the centre safe and compliant in line with our policies and processes.
The Centre Operations Assistant will also support the Centre Manager by carrying out ad hoc duties.
We want someone exceptional who can focus on:
- Deliver outstanding service experience to all stakeholders
- Deliver professional and friendly viewings extracting relevant information by appropriate questioning to enable the sales team to close the deal
- Proactively seek feedback and resolve customers queries at first touch
- Build relationships with customers through regular communication to ensure capture of any upselling opportunities
- Manage centre standards to the highest level
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all meeting rooms and show offices prior to a customer viewing or meeting room booking
- Oversee customer move ins smoothly and in line with customer requirements
- Ad hoc duties as and when required by the Centre Operations Manager
- Ensure the capture of billing for all revenue
- Identify and upselling all NewFlex services
Health & Safety
- To have a comprehensive understanding and ensure compliance with the NewFlex health and safety policy and processes
- Complete all iAuditor checks and resolve any issues within acceptable timeframes
- Management of the accident book and the reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses. Compliance with RIDDOR
- Review and update as necessary the emergency evacuation procedures
- Ensure appropriate health and safety arrangements are in place to minimise risks and provide for safe working conditions for all building users
- Ensure all building related issues are reported via the property portal and oversee remedial actions, as required, are completed in a timely manner
- Arranging all annual mandatory H&S requirements for the centre and ensure certification is uploaded to the property portal in a timely manner
- Strict monitoring of contractors to ensure their working practices are in line with our policies and processes
- General administration and coordinating of contractors for planned works
- Ensure the centre operates in line with company policies, procedures and processes
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GDPR and AML legislation and ensure the business follows mandatory requirements
- Escalate identified issues and risks to the Centre Operations Manager
- Working with Centre Operations Manager and Compliance Manager to ensure that all customer agreements are current, correct and accompanied by the correct supporting documentation.
- Validating customer identification to ensure adherence to AMLR policy
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure our virtual customers are managed and operate in line with our virtual policy
- Complete all mandatory training modules annually: - Data Protection Awareness, Healthy Working, Fire Safety Plus, Health & Safety Induction , Whistleblowing, Cyber Security, Fraud Prevention, Anti Money Laundering , Anti Bribery and Code of Conduct.
Delivering a Covid-19 compliant centre
- Perform cleaning duties working to an agreed cleaning specification and schedule to ensure all areas comply with the NewFlex Covid-19 protocols;
- Including cleaning high frequency touch points and making sure all communal areas are kept covid secure;
- Undertake training and become a proficient user of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises;
- Ensure correct chemical usage and storage, and ensuring equipment is well maintained and safe for use;
- Monitor stock levels and re-order to maintain sufficient levels of cleaning supplies;
- Ensure the availability of personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with COVID-19 standard and practices.
- Colleagues in all departments
- Newable Group Boards
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- Minimum Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Confident user of Microsoft office 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fire Marshal (Training provided)
- First Aid at Work Certificate (Training Provided)
Key skills/behaviours required for this role:
- Planning and organising
- Building relationships
- Excellent communicator
- Resilient and embraces change
- Team player
What will we offer you?
- £22,568 per annum
- 33 days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Discounted Private Medical Insurance Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Payroll Giving
- Cycle Scheme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Flu Jabs
- Eye Tests
- Training Support Package
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity Pay
- Annual Professional Membership Subscription
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available interview slots. We therefore highly recommend early applications.
Ref: 104 925