|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
Compliance / Operations Manager
We are a progressive, growing firm, well-established in the 'Oxford-Cambridge arc', offering flexible working in modern, spacious offices. We have offices in Milton Keynes within walking distance of the shopping centre, theatre district and the station, Cambridge within walking distance of the station and Bedford within walking distance of the shops, train and bus station.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable nature, to both staff and clients, offer competitive salaries, and genuine progression opportunities. Our staff are given autonomy in a firm that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Woodfines is a full-service legal firm, with over 140 staff and very high staff retention. As well as our well-established reputation in Commercial and Private Client Law, we specialise nationally in Road Transport and Logistics Law and, more locally to our rural clients, Agricultural Law.
Position: Compliance / Operations Manager
Location: Milton Keynes, Cambridge or Bedford
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The role will provide support and assistance to the Partners and Senior Management Team.
- Drafting developing and implementing firm-wide compliance policies and procedures.
- Managing all aspects of firm compliance (SRA, Lexcel, GDPR, Health & Safety).
- Providing risk and compliance training firm-wide.
- Responding to compliance queries and providing advice firm-wide.
- Assisting in claims and complaints handling, maintaining registers and providing advice on mitigating associated risks.
- Managing the risk registers.
- Project to include preparation for Lexcel audit which is a re-accreditation audit.
- Oversee the facilities department to include management of: Archiving / storage, Office facilities, Office / desk moves, Office painting & decorating.
- Office contracts, outsourcing, printers / scanning.
- Projects to include: moving to paperless, office refurbishment (open plan) for Bedford and Cambridge, reducing cost of storage.
- Manage the IT contract with IT outsourcer.
- Work with IT outsourcer on managing a replacement equipment programme after initial purchase of new IT as part of the project.
- Manage the Mobile phone contract.
- Manage the telephone contract with telephony outsourcer and leased lines.
- Projects to include implementation of the new telephone and IT upgrade.
- IT training as part of the new upgrade and ongoing training.
- Implement new mobile phone policy including purchase of phones.
- Sound knowledge and experience of working in Compliance within a regulated sector, ideally legal.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure to set deadlines.
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Manager, Project Management, Safety Manager, Health and Safety Manager, H&S Manager, Legal, Project Manager, etc.