|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Contract Attorney - Data Privacy will be fully remote, supporting the law firm's Office of the General Counsel on all privacy law matters, including: contracts, data protection, and information security (including CCPA and GDPR). This is a contract role from December 2021-April 2022. Must be able to commit to that time period.
Law firm client's Office of the General Counsel.
- Serve as lead point of contact for the US for privacy and data protection related legal inquiries and data privacy exceptions, both internal and external (i.e. partners, clients, and regulatory);
- Assist with drafting, implementing and monitoring legal policies, procedures and processes
- Provide strategic legal advice and guidance to the business on the use of personal data for ongoing operations and new initiatives within the context of US privacy laws and regulations;
- Collaborate with internal Business Application and Information Security Teams on privacy matters related to the organization's IT applications and systems;
- Collaborate with the Firm's Office of General Counsel to assist in the review and negotiation of contractual agreements and provisions related to data protection compliance;
- Assist with the review of ongoing compliance of third-party vendors as related to privacy and data protection and the processing of personal data on behalf of the organization;
- Assist with responding to client and regulatory inquiries/audits
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute Privacy Impact Assessments for the review of new and ongoing projects and business initiatives.
- JD from a US Law School
- Admitted to US State Bar
- Immediate/2-week availability with ability to commit to December-April contract
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department with privacy, data protection, and information security related experience (including CCPA and GDPR)
- CIPP is highly preferred for this role
- IAPP certifications preferred
- Competitive hourly rate
- 100% remote work
- 4 month contract (finite)
- Immediate start