|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is in search of an experienced Data Protection Analyst II to join our team. In this role you will be largely responsible for protecting HFHI’s data/information assets in alignment and in compliance with IT Governance and legal counsel regarding HFHI’s enterprise privacy, confidentiality, regulations and business requirements. This position will be based at HFHI's Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. This position is eligible for HFHI’s full relocation package.
The primary responsibilities of this role would include producing data security architecture, data security policies, data privacy and confidentiality standards, data security access controls, regulatory compliant data access views, documented security classifications, authentication and user access history and data security audit reports.
In addition, this position will partner Data Governance team to develop the appropriate data policies and metrics to measure the effectiveness of data security for HFHI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate and classify HFHI enterprise data assets to determine which data requires to be protected and assessed for external threats and internal risks
- Document data security classifications
- Work in collaboration with Data Governance to develop standard security metadata and data security policies to optimize data protection to guide business usage and technical support processes
- Develop Data Security, Data Privacy and Confidentiality standards in relation to confidential and regulatory levels
- Develop data security access controls
- Provide regulatory compliant data access views
- Assess risk and efficiency of data processing systems
- Assess current security risks as it pertains to enterprise sensitive data
- Work in collaboration with IT Security Engineer to monitor user authentication and access behavior to detect unusual, unforeseen, or suspicious transactions that warrant investigation
- Conduct audits of data security and compliance to ensure that polices are followed and controls are effectively managed
- Establish safety protocols to protect all data managed by the organization and received from vendors from accidental or willful alteration, destruction, or leaks and caters to emergency data processing requirements
- Train all levels of HFHI organization on data security policies, standards and procedures
- Collaborate with IT Governance and legal counsel to ensure the appropriate data protection security language is included in vendor SOWs and service level agreements
- Performs other duties as assigned