|Date Posted||June 4, 2021|
Data Protection Compliance Advisor
As Data Protection Compliance Advisor you will provide support, advice, and training to the Unipart Group, its clients, and suppliers with regard to the processing and safeguarding of personal data across the group. This includes assistance with incidents and responses.
Data Protection Compliance Advisor Responsibilities:
- Develop materials and templates to meet data protection and GDPR compliance for Unipart Group, and its relevant partners and suppliers.
- Inform and advise all members of staff on their obligation to adhere to the EU GDPR across all Unipart sites.
- Provide support to the GDPO to monitor compliance with the EU GDPR and flag exceptions where applicable
- Take an active role in the development and maintenance of all Unipart Group data protection policies, procedures and processes in relation to the protection of personal data.
- Deliver training and awareness campaigns and contribute to the material and publish through relevant channels to all employees involved in processing operations relating to personal data.
- Undertake data protection compliance audits of processes relating to personal data to monitor compliance with the EU GDPR (and where applicable other data protection regulations).
- Provide support and advice on the data protection impact assessment and monitoring performance against the requirements of the EU GDPR, to include the data mapping of these processes.
- Provide support and advice on queries concerning near misses and escalating incidents to GDPO and Group CISO if applicable.
- Responsibility for ROPA
- Provide support with the creation of DPAs and DSAs if required.
- Provide support with Data Protection Questionnaires as part of the supplier onboarding process.
- Lead relationships with the supply chain where required.
- Management of the Group Data Protection email account and respond within a timely manner.
Data Protection Compliance Advisor Requirements:
- Experience in dealing with DPAs, governments and industry bodies.
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches.
- Good knowldege of GDPR and how the principles apply across the operation.
- Knowledge of common operational processes across the business and how they relate to personal data.
- Experience of dealing with controllers and data processors, including the issue and review of DPAs and information security assessments.
- Extensive experience of DPIAs and identifying risks arising from these processes.
- Adept at reviewing procedural detail but can also appreciate the 'bigger picture'
- Experience of creating and reviewing data flows and how they fit into the DPIA process.
- Knowledge of key IT security controls and how they pertain to data protection.
- Ability to work with a significant degree of autonomy; and
- Experience of undertaking compliance audits (ideally within data protection).
- Experience in a similar role.
Good communication skills including the following:
- ability to create succinct summaries concerning compliance information.
- ability to engage with stakeholders across all levels of the business including senior managers, and data champions using various channels.
- confidence and ability to challenge appropriately at all levels of the business.
- Data protection qualifications (CIPP preferred)
- Experience in global multi-sector organisations an advantage
- Experience of NHS data requirements
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risks, PCI DSS and other information security standard
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Cowley, Oxford
Type: Full Time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Data Protection Compliance Advisor, GDPR, Data Protection Manager, GDPR Manager, GDPR Officer, GDPR Consultant, Data Protection Officer, Data Protection Consultant, GDPR, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Assistant, etc.