|Date Posted||December 1, 2019|
Engineering Technician (Platform Protection Group)
Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal, AL
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
In your role as an Engineering Technician, you will directly support the RTC/PM ASE Architecture for the Test and Evaluation of Hostile Fire Systems (RATH) & testing of Active Protection Systems (APS).
What you’ll do all day:
- Operate various pieces of test and support equipment to include: power supplies, multimeters, video cameras, and data acquisition systems used in testing military weapon systems.
- Assemble and/or install equipment or parts requiring complex wiring, soldering or connecting cable harnesses.
- Troubleshoot both mechanical, electrical power, and electrical control systems.
- Learn how to operate and troubleshoot missile warning test equipment.
- Work from schematics and verbal direction and execute test operations while ensuring all activities are done in compliance with safety guidelines.
- Learn various computer hardware and software applications in order to perform the job.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks.
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Appreciate working on varying tasks and not working one task for long periods of time.
- Like hands-on work and not sitting at a desk all day, every day.
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians.
- Are good at communicating with people.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Enjoy multitasking.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of applicable experience in engineering technical work with ability to take measurements using test instruments and computation.
- Willing to work outdoors up to 60% of the time regardless of weather conditions, to include hot/humid conditions, cold conditions, heights, and around ammunition and explosives.
- Be a U.S. Citizen and must possess, or be able to obtain and maintain, a Secret Security Clearance.
- Be willing to work paid overtime hours and travel at least 30% of the year.
- Be both mechanically as well as electrically inclined.
- Must work well with others, have a strong work ethic, be a motivated self-starter, be well organized, and be on time to work.
- Possess basic computer skills, to include the ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and the ability to prepare informal test reports.
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and must possess, or be capable of obtaining, a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Currently possess an active Commercial Driver’s License.
- Five (5) years of applicable experience supporting engineering or testing of hardware in the appropriate area of specialization or two years of applicable college/vocational/military/technical school and three years of applicable experience in the assigned specialty area.
- Prefer both mechanical and electrical experience in the testing of military weapon systems.
- Experience in installing and terminating fiber optic cable.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.