|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
Finance Compliance Officer
Full time permanent position.
An opportunity for an experienced financial compliance officer with strong business partnering skills to join the finance team at Blenheim.
This may suit a full or part-qualified accountant or financial services compliance professional who enjoys being hands on and helping others to understand financial compliance. The successful candidate will operate across all facets of the compliance function, advising, implementing, reviewing and reporting on financial and regulatory compliance across this hugely diverse and interesting business.
Reporting to our Head of Financial Reporting you will be a vital member of the finance team, ensuring that we remain fully compliant with all regulatory requirements while also being in the forefront of innovative and effective compliance processes. You'll champion a culture of compliance across the business, providing advice internally about the application of internal control policies and assist in the development of appropriate compliance training materials and delivery of training.
- Compliance within the finance department including GDPR/Data Protection, ECR, PCI, PSD2 and the Criminal Finances Act.
- Payment Card, DD scheme, online transactions and cash handling compliance across the site, including training, audits and compliance submission. Working with merchants and the finance managers on MID and TID data administration and compliance.
- Gift aid compliance, administration and submission.
- Banking and KYC compliance.
- Administration and reporting for FCA regulations.
- Supporting finance with technical expertise of financial and tax compliance.
- Setting up charitable compliance and reporting these to a conflict committee.
- Working with our partner and suppliers, reporting and tracking rates and charges are in line with contracts.
- Supervision of the finance apprentice one day a week. The apprentice will work across the finance department and will be assisting the gift aid administration for this role.
What we are looking for:
- Sound technical understanding of gift aid, GDPR, ECR, PCI, charity SORP, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactive approach to implementing controls and procedures.
- A confident and effective communicator with the demonstrable ability to influence and win the confidence of colleagues and regulators at all levels, you will be comfortable participating in meetings and delivering well written and argued reports.
- Full or part qualified accountant, financially literate, with an excellent grasp of data analysis (from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective) and able to use this to identify risk areas and trigger points.
- A flexible approach to work and a strong team player, willing to support colleagues across the general finance function.
This is a full time permanent position. Salary dependant on experience.
Please apply with a CV before the closing date of 30th September 2019.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.