|Location||Coeur d'Alene, ID|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2019|
The Account Protection Associate is responsible for reducing fraud loss by utilizing various fraud detection tools, to review and verify customer behavioral activity, thereby minimizing fraud losses and reducing risk. Accountable for working new credit applications and fraud mail inquiries. Opportunities are achieved through reviewing and verifying information on existing accounts, through inbound calls. The Account Protection Associate role requires proactive decision making skills and excellent problem solving. The role contributes to our profitability and retention of customer loyalty while minimizing credit loss resulting from Fraud.
Supervisor or Manager
Essential Job Functions
• Review and verify customer behavioral activity and identify potential fraudulent activities.
• Receive incoming and make outgoing investigative and verification phone calls to customers to minimize fraud losses and risk exposure.
• Provide courteous and professional service to customer, even in potentially escalating situations.
• Escalate any fraud issues to the appropriate department manager or investigative unit for proper resolution.
• Process new credit applications.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of current fraud trends.
High school diploma or GED
Account Control experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Organizational, detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in VCARS and SNAP
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Call center environment. May be required work days, evenings, and weekends.
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Alliance Data card services business
About Alliance Data’s card services business
Alliance Data’s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty.
Using the industry’s most comprehensive and predictive data set, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching capabilities, Alliance Data’s card services business has been helping partners increase sales and provide greater value to their cardmembers since 1986. We are proud to be part of the Alliance Data enterprise (NYSE: ADS), an S&P 500, FORTUNE 500 and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. To learn more, visit KnowMoreSellMore.com, follow us on Twitter @Know_SellMore, and connect with us on LinkedIn at Alliance Data card services.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.