|Date Posted||June 5, 2021|
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Ansys is seeking a highly curious, passionate, and data-driven Global Data Product Owner responsible for developing a shared vision and strategic leadership for data-driven business transformation. You will champion developing Ansys' organizational capability to govern the production and management of data and to make it readily available to generate unprecedented insights that lead to greater efficiencies, better customer experiences. reduced costs, and growth. This role is responsible for collaboratively envisioning, creating and executing an organization-wide data strategy and holding data owners across the organization accountable for ensuring they put in place the agreed measures and improvements that will lead Ansys to become a truly best-in-class data driven organization. The successful candidate be responsible for operating within a complex organization, balancing multiple stakeholder needs, has a comprehensive understanding of the role and analytics and can translate between technical and operational/business requirement.
- Develop the Ansys global data and information strategy and vision to support business strategy and goals - the scope of which includes the end-to-end enterprise data journey-how we collect, organize, store, manage, protect, analyze, communicate, and consume data.
- Craft and communicate the strategic roadmap, in terms meaningful to both business and technology organizations, tying the value from data and analytic investment to tangible business and client outcomes such as revenue generation, cost optimization, improved customer experience.
- Lead the development, delivery, and on-going management of a successful data governance program. Ensure data is fit for purpose, usable, available, and efficient. Measure, monitor, and drive improvements in data accuracy and integrity, data timeliness and data completeness, and reduce data redundancy.
- Advise on, monitor, and govern enterprise data design, integrity, and consistency. This includes designing and establishing a master data governance strategy, best practices on data mapping, change management and access control policies, creating enterprise data dictionaries and hierarchies.
- Proactively champion the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset with senior leadership.
- Champion the democratization of data and establish a strategy for growing data literacy as a critical competency across the company.
- Define, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across the enterprise.
- Drive a culture of innovation and experimentation with business leaders using data insights.
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven processes.
- Collaborate with IT and Business Units to develop scalable, resilient, available, and flexible Ansys data and information architecture that responds to business' needs, and enable its efficient, disciplined, and successful execution.
- Align enterprise data architecture with business and technology strategy and roadmaps and effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization.
- Define and evangelize the adoption of data architecture capabilities and standards and build architectural data processes that create repeatable and reusable capabilities totransformshow Ansys collects, curates and consumes data inreal time.
- Ensure data policies and practices are embedded throughout Ansys by collaborating with key decision makers and influencers. Ensure data requirements are defined, communicated and well understood by impacted upstream and downstream teams breaking down organizational silos.
- Support digital transformation innovations by leading the work to ensure data definitions and interdependencies amongst business processes are well defined, documented and maintained in a consistent manner.
- Working in Agile and in close partnership with our technology team, deliver data and analytics solutions to business leaders across the company.
- Support business teams defining and performing analytics and reporting on products, customers, operations, and markets.
- Drive the identification, prioritization and development of value driven use cases, helping other leaders leverage predictive analytics to identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Create a roadmap to grow our data science and analytics capabilities, attracting, developing and mentoring strong cross functional analytics talent.
- Support Ansys Digital transformation efforts through understanding and adapting to the future customer experience (CX) journey and our GTM strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in data, computer science, statistics, engineering, finance (with focus on analysis), economics, mathematics or related quantitative field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in establishing and running data management and/or analytics departments
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes, and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- A strategic thinker who can establish and translate business objectives into actionable solutions
- An energetic and self-motivated leader who can embrace and lead change
- Expertise in crafting a coherent and compelling business data strategy and architecture to unlock value of data assets spread across a disparate and complex data ecosystem
- Prior experience in integrating and influencing others across a matrixed organization, and unlocking new opportunities to drive change, adoption, and excellence
- Dynamic relationship building and partnership skills; a strong collaborator with experience leading initiatives across multiple groups and stakeholders
- Track record of developing and driving transformation vision and agenda
- Experience in driving digital and automation-driven transformation to drive efficiencies and scalability
- Strong commercial acumen and a track record of delivering tangible results
- Proven data literacy including the ability to describe business use cases, data sources and management concepts and analytics approaches
- Ability to connect the dots on disparate pieces of reporting/analysis and formulate a cohesive understanding of business performance drivers
- Proficiency in Oracle, Snowflake, RDBMS and NoSQL Databases, Data Warehouse, Data Lakes and Analytics tools; other statistical programming (Python, R, etc.) preferred
- Possess a broad set of working skills and knowledge across hardware, software systems and solutions development across more than one technical domain
- Demonstrated understanding of data security, privacy (CCPA, GDPR, FERPA etc), regulatory and export compliance cyber security, data retention.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile development practices
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to develop materials and effectively present to and persuade executive audiences using data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Proven record of effective leadership including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, building teams and consensus and getting things done through others not directly reporting to this individual.
- Strong situational awareness and decision-making capabilities.
- All global leaders are expected to have strong skills in interpersonal interaction, public speaking, knowledge of budgets and finance, and high integrity, good judgment, attention to detail and teamwork.
- MBA or Masters in related field preferred
- Twenty or more years of overall work experience preferred
- Six or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Pardot and Siebel, Oracle databases and applications, data warehouse systems (Snowflake), and master data management (Stibo)
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Machine Learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, CNTK, MXNET, CAFFE etc.
- Certification in Project Management and/or Lean Agile Practices
- Experience monitoring KPIs to measure effectiveness of data and analytic capital spend and ensure investments in people, systems and process enhancements deliver value
- Enabling data consumption and monetization through championing data hygiene and sales hygiene
- Demonstrated passion and experience in building data and analytics teams to drive organizational change
- Experience building teams within the fields of data governance, data architecture and data science
- Strong consultative skills ranging from gathering market and competitor insights, problem solving, analytics, strategy development, influencing, facilitation and consensus building
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh