|Date Posted||September 7, 2021|
Job Title: Group Business HR Officer
Salary: £24,300 - £26,004 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week 8.30am - 16.30pm
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has risen for an enthusiastic HR professional to join our team. As a key member of the Human Resources Team and reporting directly to the HR Manager you will be responsible for first line HR support and advice to managers on all company policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis across the group. You also work closely with our Operations team & Payroll teams to provide consistent and pragmatic operational HR support in line with our company values, policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
You will be responsible for leading some HR processes across the employee lifecycle, with a special emphasis on recruitment, induction and onboarding. You will be the lead recruiter for most company positions, with support from your colleagues in HR and Operations. Other areas of responsibility include HR administration, absence and timekeeping management, employee relations, providing information to the payroll team, updating payroll records as well as undertaking project work.
This is a hands on and busy role, and you will be expected to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
Recruitment (Induction and Onboarding)
- To post job adverts on all online and offline recruitment tools, to post all internal adverts
- To shortlist suitable candidates for interview for all junior roles. To send shortlisted CVs for senior roles to the HR & Operations Manager. To arrange for interviews for shortlisted candidates
- To conduct first stage interviews for Support Workers and, if successful, arrange for second stage interviews with Care Home Managers
- To create and email offer letters and contracts, request references and verify the DBS status
- To arrange Head Office Inductions and to coordinate with Home Managers for Home Inductions as part of the employees onboarding process
General HR Administration
- Minute taking as required
- Maintain Head Office and Care Home staff files
- Complete internal audits on staff files
- Arrange and conduct internal investigations, disciplinary & grievance meetings as and when required
- Conduct Right to Work checks
- Attend all relevant meetings including HR weekly meetings as and when required
- Assist Care Home Managers with employee HR matters
- Deal with general HR and Payroll queries
- Conduct staff welfare and Return to Work Interviews
- Any other relevant work
- Work closely with the HR Manager and Line Managers to ensure that performance reviews are conducted in line with company procedures in a timely manner
- Be responsible for collating and updating performance review related documentation for all employees
- Previous HR experience
- HR qualification or working towards an HR qualification
- Experience of managing a high volume workload
- Effective communication and experience of report writing
- Good understanding of IT software applications
(Experience of using Kronos (now UKG) Dimensions, Sage Payroll and the One Plan software system is desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience and knowledge of good and innovative recruitment practises, employment law, payroll processes, relevant legislation and pension scheme administration
- Good time management and organisational skills as well as ability to use your own initiative
- High level of integrity with a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality and GDPR/data protection issues
It's essential that you have a drivers licence and access to a vehicle
The Company offers full training opportunities, 4 weeks + Bank Holidays annual leave p.a and a pension.
Position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure & Baring Service & DSB First. The Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Interviews will take place in Northampton. You will be required to complete a short test.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Human Resource Officer, HR Officer, Group HR Officer, HR Advisor, People Team, HR Specialist, HR Coordinator, Group HR Operations Officer, Senior HR Assistant may also be considered for this role.