|Date Posted||November 6, 2021|
Talk to us about flexible working.
Bibby Financial Services have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Head of Information Security based in Banbury. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
We’ve supported small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) since 1982 and today we support more than 12,000 businesses worldwide. We are proud to help businesses, both big and small to grow and thrive in domestic and international markets.
We’re in the business of relationships. We know real value lies in real people, and it takes a motivated mindset and can-do attitude to belong here. It can be fast-paced and full-on, but we can handle it. We’re a collective of “got your back”, we collaborate together, take ownership and deliver for our clients every time. That way, everybody wins. In return, we’re all empowered to get the job done because we’re trusted to get it right. It’s why we were hired in the first place. We want you to make the choices you believe in – we’ll believe in them too.
As our Head of Information Security, we will reward you and your hard work with:
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Company pension scheme
- Wide range of flexible benefits, such as gym membership, technology, or health assessments
- Access to an online wellbeing centre
- Range of discounts from many businesses
- 25 days holiday which increases with service and options to buy or sell more
- PRP Bonus Scheme (Non-Contractual)
As our Head of Information Security, you will shape and lead the BFS Information Security function, acting as a trusted security partner to protect BFS, our clients, colleagues & partners from damage caused by cyber threats.
Your key duties as our Head of Information Security will include:
- Setting the overall strategy and roadmaps for BFS Information Security and ensuring the successful delivery
- Ensuring suitable security governance – Information Security Steering Group, reporting, KPIs, supplier management, risk-driven security in projects, suitable policies and standards
- Driving up security knowledge, by overseeing awareness programs, ‘baking in’ security into roles, establishing business security champions, ensuring appropriate cyber e-learning, and exploiting technology
- Leading the Information Security team, ensuring a security approach which is fit for purpose for BFS is delivered through empowered, knowledgeable experts within the team
- Operating the security function, ownership and accountability for defining, adoption and monitoring of suitable security frameworks (e.g. Cyber Essentials) risk-based approaches are taken for emerging risks in the BFS ecosystem, continual, forward-looking assessment and management of emerging threats take place
What we are looking for in our ideal Head of Information Security:
- Proven experience (8 years ) of working in Information Security and IT leadership roles, ideally in financial services organisations
- Experience of working within the financial sector and in a ‘Head of’ role or similar for at least 2 years
- Deep technical prowess across a broad spectrum of digital technologies
- Understanding of relevant legal and regulatory frameworks (GDPR, CMA, FCA obligations etc)
- Expert understanding of technical architecture and security aspects of infrastructure, application, web, and cloud technologies
- A track record of delivering business benefits by balancing the need to protect the organisation with the need to do business
- Experienced in working within developing digital ecosystems, with multiple partners and environments, ensuring suitable security is delivered
- In-depth experience of security frameworks such as ISO 27001/2, NIST, the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials Scheme, CIS framework
- First-rate people, communication and diplomacy skills with experience of working with internal and external customers/suppliers
- The ability to take complicated, technical or logical concepts and translate them into clear, easy to understand messages
- Security Management Certifications such as CISSP, CISA or CISM
There’s no place quite like BFS and we’re proud of that. And it’s all down to you - you make us the people with which every ambitious business loves to work.
If you would like to join us, please click ‘apply’ today to be considered as our Head of Information Security – we would love to hear from you!
We're absolutely committed to being a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their true potential. Let us know if you need adjustments to support you through any stage of the Recruitment process.