|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Head of IT
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Home Worker (England, Wales and NI)
Salary: £58,931 - £66,214 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Working Hours: 35 per week
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Interview Date: TBC (via Zoom or Teams)
Reference number: VAC2634
Please note, the deadline for submitting applications for this vacancy is 5pm on the closing date.
About Alzheimer's Society
Dementia devastates lives. By 2021, 1 million people will be living with the condition. But dementia won't win. Until the day we find a cure, Alzheimer's Society will be here for anyone affected by dementia - wherever they are, whatever they're going through. Everything we do is informed and inspired by them.
We are the UK's leading dementia charity. Every day, we work tirelessly to find new treatments and, ultimately, a cure for dementia. We provide expert information, training, and support services to all those who need our help. And we are creating a more dementia-friendly society so people with the condition can live without fear and prejudice.
About the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced IT expert to join our high-performing team. The Finance & Corporate Resources Directorate enables our people, and sustains the organisation, through their processes, infrastructure, and expertise. The role will require trusted experts in their field who are business-focused and enable better outcomes for people affected by dementia.
The post of Head of IT will:
- Lead and develop the IT team, ensuring it is able, willing, and equipped to support colleagues in delivering their business needs
- Ensure the provision of a high-quality IT service delivered by a combination of internal teams and external, managed service provision
- Understand, in depth, the operational needs of Data teams in the context of the Corporate strategy
- Engage with the Heads of other departments and support the delivery of all technology objectives
- Be able to adapt and deliver against business uncertainties and changing priorities
- Engage with senior colleagues to understand business needs, intentions and requirements ensuring a high quality, efficient and effective IT service to all Society functions
- Translate the Directorate vision into tangible plans and process for IT to ensure we support the organisation to deliver its Corporate Strategy, ultimately deliver a clear roadmap for the IT function
- Efficiently and effectively manage a substantial budget of c£7mil
- Deputise for the Associate Director, Technology & Infrastructure where needed
- The post holder is instrumental in the ongoing development of the IT function to effectively support the Associate Director in the delivery of services and capability across the Society and in close cooperation and coordination with the Data Management and Digital functions of the organisation.
Ideally you will be an IT expert with experience in delivering and managing stable, secure enterprise IT services that support innovation and flexibility, with a focus on ease of use and cost effectiveness. You have a comprehensive awareness of existing & developing technologies and how they can be applied by the organisation to achieve business value or operational efficiency.
You have a passion to see technology used to improve people's lives, both at work and through their work. You're a committed team player but have the drive and initiative to promote and support new ways of working in delivery of the organisation's strategic aims.
- You are an experienced people manager, able to motivate and build high performing teams of technical and business IT specialists that understand business needs and provide enabling IT services to meet them.
- You have experience in managing both in-house and outsourced models of IT service provision and are qualified in ITIL or similar service provision methodology.
- You have strong experience in the procurement and management of external IT services and in building value-add relationships with suppliers to deliver excellent value. You will have experience in understanding and manage complex, enterprise IT architectures and systems both on premise and in the cloud, with strong experience of WAN and LAN technologies, MS Azure, Windows Server O/S.
- You'll have proven experience of implementing and managing enterprise Cyber Security measures and technology, with a working knowledge of information and Cyber Security standards (e.g. Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus, IASME, ISO27001) as well as an awareness of data protection laws (e.g. GDPR).
- You're comfortable communicating at all levels of the organisation and with external parties. You can produce reports and papers for senior and executive level audiences and are able to negotiate and influence both directly and indirectly in complex and challenging situations.
You can also visit our Working for Us pages, which give you more information about what it's like to be an employee at the Society.
You may have experience of the following: Head of IT, Technical Project Manager, IT Project Manager, IT Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Network Manager, Head of IT Operations, Project Manager, Operations Manager, Service Delivery Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, etc.
Ref: 106 037