|Date Posted||June 5, 2021|
Turley has an exciting opportunity for a HR Assistant to join its busy HR team Whilst we envisage the post will be based in our Manchester office, we are open-minded regarding office location for the right candidate. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
This role will involve providing an efficient and reliable administration and support service to the HR team and the wider company of circa 250 co-owners across our 14 locations in the UK and Ireland. The role will require you to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
Whilst we envisage the post will be based in our Manchester office we are open-minded regarding office location for the right candidate. We operate a blended flexible working model, allowing co-owners choice, freedom, and flexibility as to where, when and how they work, balancing personal, team and client requirements. We are happy to talk about flexible working options in more detail during the recruitment process.
Turley is an employee-owned business and is one of the largest planning and development consultancies in the UK. We offer an excellent remuneration and flexible benefits package including medical insurance, pension, ownership dividend and performance-related bonus.
Key duties and responsibilities of our HR Assistant:
- Take ownership of administration associated with the entire employee lifecycle.
- Working on recruitment; liaising with our teams, posting adverts, reviewing CVs, carrying out research and arranging interviews
- Overseeing the new starter processes
- Preparing offer and contract paperwork
- Completing pre-employment checks
- Updating the HR database and other records in line with GDPR
- Provide assistance to the HR team and co-owners with the performance and development process, leaver processing, dealing with routine HR queries and drafting confidential correspondence
- Opportunity to work on some aspects of payroll, pensions and the administration of other benefits
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion
What we’re looking for in HR Assistant:
- Some experience working in an HR related role and a sound basic knowledge of HR issues
- You will be a good communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong administrative skills and excellent attention to detail
- A genuine ambition and desire to learn and develop, you will have the opportunity to develop your HR knowledge and skills
- The ability to actively manage your own workload, meet deadlines and deliver a consistently high-quality service is essential
- Using good judgment to raise queries and to seek guidance is essential
We are happy to consider the role on an apprenticeship basis working towards the HR Support Level 3 qualification accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development for anyone who wants to gain a qualification as well as experience in a role.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our HR Assistant, please click ‘apply’ today providing your CV and a covering letter with details of your current salary.
No agency interest please.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.