|Date Posted||January 13, 2020|
Our client is looking for a talented Information Assistant to support the Information Management team in providing information and research services to the organisation.
Position: Information Assistant
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 -17.00
Salary: £25-£27.5k depending on experience, plus benefits
Closing Date: 27th January 2020
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Assistant to join our client's team. Working closely with the Research Officer and Systems & Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
* Compile regular current awareness updates including a daily summary of press coverage
* Use appropriate internal and external information resources to respond to quick turnaround research enquiries
* Monitor the team's shared inboxes and action or escalate queries to other team members
* Manage data entry, ensuring that data is inputted consistently and in accordance with set guidelines
* Assist the Research Officer and Systems & Data Analyst with in-depth research enquiries and administration of information resources, as well as project work as required
* Create, update and maintain SharePoint content as required
* Maintain a hard copy library and process acquisitions
To be successful in the role of Information Assistant our client is looking for the following skills and attributes:
* Previous experience in an information or research based role
* Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* High level of attention to detail
* Experience of searching for and retrieving information using online databases
* Knowledge or interest in the areas of business economics, finance or professional services
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good analytical and numerical skills
* Ability to form positive working relationships and to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels.
* Commitment to the objectives and processes of the IASB and to the ideals of standard-setting in the public interest
Although not essential a qualification in information or library management, market research or similar disciplines would be highly beneficial. As would an understanding of the key principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and familiarity with business information databases such as Ebsco, Nexis, Newsdesk, AlphaSense, and Capital IQ.
Other roles that you may have experience of could include: Information Officer, Researcher, Research Analyst, Research Support officer, Research and Policy, Intelligence Officer, Research Programme Manager, Research Adviser, Research and Insight, Research Assistant, Research and Impact, Information Officer, Knowledge Officer, Library Information Assistant, Workforce Information Assistant etc.