|Date Posted||November 6, 2019|
Location: Bloomfield CT 06002
Job Title: Information Protection Senior Advisor (Guardium)
Duration: 12 Months
- This position is best suited for an experienced security engineer that has extensive experience securing both structured and unstructured data.
- The successful candidate will possess an understanding of security concepts, as well as a deep technical understanding of various operating systems, database platforms, and threats to both databases and unstructured data.
- The Data Security Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading the technical engineering and policy development for structured and unstructured data protection programs.
- The Lead will need to partner with internal customers to provide additional monitoring, protection, and visibility for all sensitive data.
- The Data Security Engineering Lead will be responsible for multiple engineers dedicated to either the structured or unstructured tracks and be responsible for helping them set direction, work with stakeholders, and move past obstacles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review current data security technologies and controls to identify gaps in protection or areas of opportunity
- Stay current with threats facing enterprises and data to develop new protection and detection capabilities
- Work with data protection vendors to deliver enhanced capabilities for internal customers: Database Operations, Incident Response, and Data Loss Protection
- Lead technical design and execution for large, global application or infrastructure projects that have a major impact on the IT infrastructure
- Work with the internal platform teams to test and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of current and new security tools
- Provide Third level support and troubleshooting for issues escalated from more junior engineers on installed technical solutions
- Help prepare and update the data security roadmaps and develop, maintain, and publish project plans
- Develop close working partnerships with functional senior leaders to ensure analysts have the support, products, and permissions they need to accomplish their mission
Core Competencies Desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with matrixed resources in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proficiency in technical writing
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Detailed knowledge of various database platforms: Oracle, SQL, DB2
- Ability to ensure activities are in alignment with the business objectives and risk management framework
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Experience working with platform owners to troubleshoot and resolve performance/availability issues
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least 5 years security engineering experience in mid-sized to large organizations. SANS Training completed.
One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CCNA Security , AWS Security, CCNP Security, CCIE, CCSP, CCIE, CCA, ITIL.