|Date Posted||May 29, 2021|
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Salary: £53,168 - £62,001 per annum, dependent on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Pathology First was formed in 2014 and is a joint venture between Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and private sector partners - Integrated Pathology Partnerships (iPP). Pathology First delivers full laboratory services to a population of 750,000 patients and over 100 GP practices in the South East.
iPP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNLAB, the European leader in delivery of high quality pathology testing and imaging services. SYNLAB operates in 30 countries across four continents and carries out about 450 million tests per annum.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT operations manager to join our professional and dynamic team at Pathology First, providing IT leadership and managing the provision of Pathology First's 'end to end' IT solution that supports and enables the continuous running of the laboratory operational service.
The IT Operations Manager will overall responsibility for all aspects of the IT service and the IT systems, including the CliniSys Winpath Enterprise LIMS (laboratory information management system), and managing all relevant 3rd party suppliers.
You will act as the IT interface into the Pathology First Senior Management Team, responsive to issues and requirements of the service and lab operations. You will also ensure GDPR and information security compliance standards are maintained across the PF service, while acting to embed a culture of continuous improvement across the Pathology First IT Team.
Duties will include:
- Provide leadership and support to the PF IT team, supporting personal development, agreeing personal objectives and managing performance. Ensure team complies with HR policies and standards
- IT Service Management in close collaboration with the Operations Director of the Laboratory
- Provide IT leadership with key operational and third-party stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an IT roadmap to support the business
- Accountable for the handling of all day-to-day support requests from the business relating to IT systems
- Develop support processes in order to improve them and increase efficiencies
- Conduct vendor / technology evaluation as appropriate
- Relevant degree supported by relevant post-graduate qualifications
- Significant experience at an IT senior management level and a track record of delivering to deadlines
- Significant experience of team leadership and development
- Significant experience of pathology IT systems, especially LIMS
- Experience of having worked with key healthcare systems, including PAS and EPR
- Experience of working with NHS IT services, either within or as a supplier
- Familiarity and experience (two years at least) of managing applications based upon Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Significant experience of desktop/ office applications, especially Office 365
- Experience of having proactively driven IT service improvements
- IT service management experience
- Experience of managing external service providers
- Project management and influencing skills in addition to personal drive and results orientation
- Strong communication skills and able to deal professionally with people at all levels
- Significant experience of working
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; IT Coordinator, Operations Manager, Service Desk Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Technical Operations Manager, IT Team Leader, Technical Manager, Technical Team Manager, ICT Services Manager, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Lead, ICT Manager, IT Project, Transformation Manager may also be considered for this role.