|Date Posted||November 14, 2019|
One of the leading Social Enterprises in the UK is looking to add proven delivery experience to their IT function by way of recruiting an experienced IT Project Manager. The organisation are well-established and large in scale, with several thousand customers and a reputation for providing an honest and transparent service. IT underpins everything they do, with this role focusing on the overall management of internal technical change, E2E project delivery and budget management. The role is a crucial part of their 2019 recruitment plans and is a key hire for them before 2020 rears its head at the end of the year.
Some of the core duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing a number of IT projects (Software & Infrastructure) across the full project delivery lifecycle.
- Working with the Senior Management team, acting in a stakeholder-facing role whilst providing advice and guidance on delivery timescales/costing.
- Creating high-level documentation, identifying objectives, scope, risks, issues and resources.
- Manage resources to ensure that pre-agreed performance targets and budgets are met, whilst also ensuring that resources are used effectively.
- Liaising with technical teams to ensure smooth delivery in line with agreed timescales.
In order to apply, you need to be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience working with a range of delivery methodologies including PRINCE2, Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and an understanding of IT Service Management.
- Proven experience working with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), including the ability to both influence and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Experience delivering change management within an organisation, as well as experience of both risk management and cost effective delivery.
- Experience working with both Microsoft and Linux infrastructure technologies, as well as experience managing cloud/data migrations and networking projects.
- Strong communication skills and previous leadership experience.
In return for the above, you will be given the chance to join an organisation that rewards its employees. Some of those rewards are detailed below:
- Competitive base salary between £37,000 - £47,000 (per annum).
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) that rise up to 30 days with service.
- 35 hour working week (Monday-Friday) including the opportunity to work from home and flexible working hours.
- Company pension contributions between 4-9%.
- Annual salary reviews and regular appraisals.
- Healthcare cash plan for all employees.
So if you like the sound of this position and would like to find out more then reach out via the following means:
Office Line: 0191 338 7540
LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential and all processes will be fully GDPR compliant.