|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
This position is for Norplas Industries, a division of Magna Exteriors. This position will report to the IT/Logistics Manager at Norplas but travel to Highland Park Michigan 50% of the time.
Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
Norplas Industries, a division of Magna International, is a lead supplier of plastic injection molded bumpers to the automotive industry. Norplas Industries, located in Northwood, was founded in 1998 and has recently undergone a 35,000 square foot expansion, adding over 300 jobs.
Lead, prioritize and develop process improvement projects to provide value added, more efficient, higher quality, and more transparent business processes. This role will coordinate functional requirements to support the identification and definition of IT solutions; as well as manage cross-functional teams to successful deployment of IT platforms. Where appropriate, the role will lead or oversee train-the-trainer sessions to support roll-out of any related business processes and/or IT systems. This role will lead security control risk controls for JV partner.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Lead software development projects. Manage the team of stakeholders during requirement gathering. Lead activities including business case development, deployment and implementation strategy. Support departments during execution phase to ensure they are able to be successful.
- Work with stakeholders from different functional areas to support and develop platforms and deployments that fit their needs. Help guide stake holders and team in a direction that meets the needs of the team, and Magna as a whole.
- Support JV locations in the planning and deployment of standardized software projects, and business processes.
- Teach the team how to layout project support plans, develop requirements, and execute a successful project.
Change Agent and Standardization Responsibilities:
- Develop standardized work practices and deliverables. Bring together staff of different functional disciplines and drive the group to formulate, agree upon and implement standardized business process development and improvement plans. Upon Implementation, support issue resolution and continuous improvement of interconnected processes.
- Provide training in new business process implementations and use influence to persuade reluctant management and/or staff to change their way of working to incorporate new business processes and best practices.
- Identifies gaps and overlaps within and between the various processes and software platforms, then take action to resolve these, so the processes are thorough, efficient, and cost effective.
IT Security Risk:
- Stay knowledgeable on current legal and regulatory compliance standards and requirements against data and IT within the industry, including ISO27001, TISAX, GDPR, AIAG, NIST, etc.
- Stay knowledgeable of current advances in all areas of information technology concerning vulnerabilities, security breaches or malicious attacks.
- Continuously evaluate communication security, data vulnerability, business continuity and compliance risks.
- Identify vulnerabilities or weaknesses in systems.
- Examine employee/system compliance with security controls and deficiencies.
- Evaluate and build upon security policy, processes and procedures for completeness.
- Ensure that controls are adequate to protect sensitive information systems.
- Report to management on IT system vulnerability and protection against malware and hackers.
- Recommend where infrastructure and application patching for remediation be done.
- Communicate recommended business continuity preparations and controls, including deficiencies, to business units.
- Recommend improvements in endpoint and network security, identity and access management and logging.
- Lead by example.
- Support the IT Manager and IT team members on projects as needed. Become cross-functionally trained in other IT related areas and projects.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leader with effective written and verbal communication skills who will drive processes and resolve issues.
- Minimum ten (5) years' work experience required in multiple functional roles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects from inception, through implementation, and into steady-state deployment.
- Business or Technical Bachelor's degree required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Preferred
- Strong understanding of processes in different functional areas including APQP, product development processes, IT, Quality, Manufacturing, Sales, HR, and other supporting business processes.
- A basic knowledge of hardware, software, network architecture and domains in IT operations with a main focus on governance, risk and compliance.
- Knowledge of personal computer and mobile architectures, OS and applications.
- Relevant information security certifications (e.g., CISA, CRISC,).
- Knowledgeable on current legal and regulatory compliance standards and requirements against data and IT security within the industry, including ISO27001, TISAX, GDPR, AIAG, NIST, etc.
- Knowledge of products which protect systems, such as Intrusion Prevention Systems (host- and network-based), Firewalls, Security Event Management Systems, port scanning and vulnerability identification, monitoring and logging mechanisms, etc.
- Up to date computer security, virus, malware and hacking knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills required. Proficient with MS Office suite, web-based and database applications.
- Ability to outline, develop and provide training of business processes and supporting IT system solutions
- Demonstrated successful performance utilizing web sites, database programs, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in high-pressure environment.
- Proficient in data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Skills and Competencies
- Production and Office environment
- While working in production environments, the colleague may be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
- Norplas is a nicotine free facility
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Normal amount of sitting, standing, and walking. Average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
Norplas is quickly growing into the world's premier bumper manufacturer. We are continually securing new business and our future is solid. Talent looking for growth and stability will be a perfect fit with our seasoned management team.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including quarterly bonuses, annual profit sharing and performance based incentives. Excellent health, dental, vision and life insurance is available to all full-time employees along with a proactive wellness program, including an on-site workout facility.