|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
Apex Systems is looking for an IT Security Analyst for one of our clients in Madison, WI on a direct hire basis. Please only apply for this position if you're able to work in this country for any employer without sponsorship.
Responsible for analyzing system and application security and providing security recommendations for optimum protection of computer systems and information resources. This position develops, tests, implements, and maintains security policies and programs and assists with the identification of security procedures to support business objectives and regulatory compliance.
In the role of a Security Analyst, you will have responsibilities to participate in security audits and risk assessments, and coordinate IT efforts to comply with security policies, standards and procedures. Strong communication skills are required as this role interacts with all levels of management across the organization as well as external vendors or partners. You will analyze system and application security and provide security recommendations for optimum protection of computer systems and information resources. You will assist in identifying security risks and exposures by participating in security reviews, IT projects, evaluations and risk assessments to measure compliance with regulations, security policies and standards. You represent Information Security in meetings and communicate security standards to teams.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must possess minimum of a Bachelor's degree and two to four years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in working independently as well as effectively in cross-functional teams with the ability to establish, foster and maintain relationships across the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and strong solution orientation.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments and tasks.
- Must demonstrate strong documentation, communication skills, and possess the ability to deliver formal and informal presentations to a diverse audience
- Must have the ability to handle proprietary and sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Must embrace the need to dynamically evolve and stay current in knowledge of the business, its technology and industry information security arenas
- Candidates must meet or exceed all minimum criteria above
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of Information Security and Governance in a SaaS environment
- Good knowledge of security standards or frameworks. (e.g. NIST, COBIT, ISO, ISF - IRAM2)
- Basic knowledge of privacy compliance and European Union laws and regulations (GDPR)
- Good knowledge in using standard industry applications to create or update documents to meet compliance reporting requirements
- Security related certifications such as: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC are preferred but not required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178