|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Learning & Development Trainer
GreenThumb Head Office, St Asaph
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 Negotiable
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
GreenThumb Limited have been making lawns look beautiful, lush and weed free for over 35 years. The company has grown to become Europe’s largest lawn care company, with over 220 branches nationwide and over 3 million visits to customer’s homes each year. The Head Office is easily accessible being conveniently located on Junction 26 of the A55, less than 40 minutes from Chester and Wrexham by car.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Trainer to join our busy and engaged team. We are looking for a highly motivated, inclusive professional with excellent organisational and facilitation skills to play a pivotal role in supporting the review, development and delivery of a suite of blended training and materials. Working with key stakeholders across the business, with a particular focus on sales and customer service, induction and systems training.
As L&D Trainer, your role will be to equip our employees with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively, from induction programmes for new team members to upskilling, refreshing and developing our existing staff.You will also be involved in wider activities related to our Salesforce software adoption programme, developing training and supporting materials for delivery to GreenThumb’s employees and its network of Franchisees.
Initially you will deliver Customer Service training and support the Salesforce Adoption rollout. If you don’t have Salesforce experience, training will be given.
You will support the L&D, HR and wider-company in line with core business objectives by sharing ideas and suggestions for improvement and/or further development. Some UK travel may be required on occasion.
- Design and develop contact centre training programs; selecting appropriate training methods and activities to develop continuous improvement through training and coaching.
- Actively facilitate courses to a high standard, to embed a customer service culture to retain, strengthen and grow the GreenThumb business
- Induction and new starter training for all new Customer Service and Sales Advisors, upskilling and closing skills/knowledge gaps of current employees.
- Create a training framework to include; excellent customer service, GDPR, dealing with vulnerable customers; handling complaints, objections, and retaining customers; telephony and IT skills.
- Work closely with Customer Service Head and Team Leaders to support the development of under-performing team members.
- Provide Team Leaders with training and guidance on a range of topics.
- Creation and delivery of training using classroom, online and blended learning.
- Support the contact centre to remain compliant in line with key regulations.
- Conduct a training needs analysis across the contact centre.
- Develop annual training programmes.
- Gather and analyse training session feedback.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees
- Work closely with senior leadership team to understand and highlight areas for improvement.
- Maintain accurate training records using GreenThumb’s LMS
- Develop and maintain Salesforce adoption training and support material content, ensuring these are kept up to date, both during and post adoption implementation.
- Deliver Salesforce training internally and to GreenThumb’s Franchisees.
- Support the delivery of post-training advice to Salesforce users/adoptees.
- Work collaboratively with members of the L&D Team, to continually evaluate organisational requirements, to provide appropriate training to end users
- Carry out any other duties that may be considered relevant
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to influence people at all levels
- Problem solving ability
- Strong time management able to plan and organise
- Research skills
- Facilitation / coaching and mentoring
- Design, delivery and implementation of complete training programmes for all levels of ability
- Adept at creating training materials including videos, e-learning, handouts etc
- Strong presentation skills and well versed in delivering training events
- Customer service training
- Working within a customer service focused industry
- Training content design
- Salesforce CRM and systems training is desirable
- Design of contact centre specific training, is desirable
- Design and implementation of contact centre quality metrics, is desirable
- Commercial awareness
- Using Learning Management Systems (LMS) and e-learning authoring tools, is desirable
- Tech savvy: a fast learner with excellent knowledge of MS Packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Power Bi etc.) and MS Infrastructure (SharePoint/One Drive, Office365)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- CIPD Certificate in Learning Practice or recognised training qualification, is desirable
- Holiday allowance of 22 days plus bank holidays (increasing by each year of service, up to a maximum of 26 days)
- Company van and mobile phone
- New uniform annually
- Paid training and qualification in application of pesticides and chemicals
- Medical cash plan - https://www.simplyhealth.co.uk
- Christmas Shutdown
- Free Lawn Treatments
- Sign on bonus
- Monthly bonus
- Enhanced Paternity & Maternity
- Company Sick pay
- Employee Discount
- 24 hour EAP
- Mental Health First Aider Service
- Store Discounts
If you have a passion for the training and development of others, are self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload, we want to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: contact centre, call centre, retail, service industry, banking, logistics, customer experience, learning and development, training, HR generalist, HR trainer.