|Date Posted||June 12, 2021|
Job Title: Medical Agency File Handler/Customer Service
Salary: £18,500 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Ontime Reports Ltd is a specialist medical agency, which provides medical evidence and rehabilitation services to support personal injury lawyers and their clients, medical records pagination and other specialist services.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Medical Agency File Handler to join our expanding company. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented administrator to work as part of a busy team of 22 people who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for your own caseload consisting of on average 300 - 350 cases. To progress your cases you will be instructing experts to provide reports, sourcing treatments and investigations providers, arranging appointments for your clients rehabilitation needs, obtaining quotes and checking invoices as well as providing customer service support to solicitors, clients, experts, and their secretaries.
You will also be assisting with obtaining clients medical records from hospitals and quality checking records once they are received being mindful of Data Protection and GDPR guidance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Checking and processing incoming mail into the case management system
- Instructing experts to provide reports on behalf of instructing solicitors
- Chasing experts for appointments, reports and other information as required
- Quality checking expert reports before providing to the instructing solicitor
- Providing customer service support to solicitors, clients, experts, and their secretaries
- Obtaining medical records from hospital trusts, GP's surgeries, and other healthcare providers
- Sourcing treatment and investigation providers and arranging rehabilitation appointments
- Obtaining quotations from experts and rehabilitation providers
- Providing breakdowns of agency work and anticipated disbursements to Costs Lawyers
- Obtaining invoices, chasing payments and dealing with invoice queries from suppliers
- Communicating effectively with team colleagues
- Accurate recording of time expended in various activities on our case management system
- Accepting additional ad hoc tasks when requested
- GCSE English & maths at Grade C or above, or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with customers on the telephone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word and Outlook
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and manage conflicting priorities
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to customer service
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work as a team
- NVQs or qualifications in business administration
- Experience of working in a law or legal services firm in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge of Proclaim or other case management systems
- Experience in a medical setting is not essential but would be beneficial
In return the Company offers:
- The starting salary is £18,500 (based on 39.5 hours per week)
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Optional pension salary sacrifice scheme after 3 months
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Interviews will be conducted by MS Teams or Telephone and will include scenario-based questioning.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with experience of: Administrator, Coordinator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Advisor, Online Customer Services, Order Processor, Client Service Coordinator, Customer Service Agent, Project Coordinator may also be considered for this role.