|Date Posted||November 12, 2021|
Turn IT on are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person who has a real flair for technology mixed with a passion for providing exemplary service to our customers to join our team supporting a secondary school in the Tower Hamlets area.
As Network Manager you will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability, and security of the schools' ICT network as well as working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to help develop the IT across the school and help put plans in place for projects. You must be dedicated to delivering the TIO support service in a manner that embraces our company values. It is your job to facilitate communication between your school and TIO, keep up to date with what services TIO can offer, and manage the accounts of your customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, developing and managing a wide range of IT Systems across a schools Infrastructure.
Network Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing the school's network infrastructure and ICT based applications.
- Managing the day-to-day workload of a part time junior Consultant and assisting with their development.
- Providing technical advice, training, and support to staff to enable them to make effective use of systems.
- Day to day management of all IT operations ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Monitoring and maintaining of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments and backups.
- 2nd/3rd line support.
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with school policies.
- Training of internal staff.
Network Manager Requirements:
- A passion for IT with at least 2 years' experience of working in a school as a second line support/IT Consultant or Network Manager.
- An excellent understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of working within the school environment.
- Experience in upgrading a school IT Network system.
- Self-motivation with strong communication and interpersonal skill as well as having exceptional customer service skills.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
turn IT on provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 995 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
turn IT on is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected, and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
turn IT on is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 8.00am 4.30pm
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 FTE
Benefits: Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme, Benefits & Wellbeing Hub including access to an Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle Scheme, Mental Health First Aid and Employee Assistance Programme.
You may have experience of the following: Network Security, ICT Technician, 2nd Line Support, IT Manager, IT Security, 3rd Line Support, Cybersecurity, Information Security, Network Security Manager, Network Engineer, Network Manager, Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, HyperV, etc.
Ref: 104 524