|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
Job Title: Operations Executive
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. At Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else, our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
About the role:
Express Solicitors is currently looking to appoint an Operations Executive reporting directly into the Head of Department. Any experience working with business reporting and Proclaim case management system will be a distinct advantage.
The role's primary focus will be to provide support to the Operations Partner and wider business with centralised operations functions.
The role is varied in nature covering aspects of process and systems improvement, data analysis and presentation, compliance and regulatory work, maintenance of relationships with external companies and collaboration with improving systems, project management and working with internal developers on both the internal case management system and reporting outputs.
Please note, this is a new role and therefore the scope of responsibilities will likely evolve as the role becomes established.
An opportunity for a rewarding career exists for the right candidate and training and guidance will be given.
- Assisting the Operations Partner in the day to day and long-term function of the Operations department
- Design, execution and analysis of reports and raw data from various systems
- Working across business teams to review efficiency of processes and procedures
- Assist with problem solution through analysis of problem and process/system improvement recommendations
- Provide advice and guidance on the Management Information metrics relevant to each work area and how these can be used by individuals and supervisors to their best advantage
- Presentation of management information
- Assisting with reports on compliance, efficiencies & policy performance
- Assistance with regulatory processes e.g. SRA renewal, management of insurances, maintenance of risk registers and other quality control documentation/processes, data protection and GDPR data impact assessments, data auditing, data mapping
- Co-ordination of centralised processes for ancillary services and liaison with external providers
- Development of product/service lines offered directly and through partnership with external suppliers
- Working with IT, Development Team, internal quality control department and training department to co-ordinate process/system changes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of operating within a professional services environment
- Understanding of quality and performance metrics
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment and to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on clear understanding of the regulations but also the tactics and commercial element
- Strong research and analytical ability
- Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the key stakeholders within the business at all levels
- Experience within the legal sector
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and data query languages e.g. SQL
- Understanding of database structures and functionality
- Experience of working with large datasets from various sources
- Experience in quality control and compliance procedures
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Operations Assistant, Lead Administrator, Senior Operations Administrator, Business Support, Business Administrator will also be considered for this role.