|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Privacy Assessment Analyst / Cybersecurity Engineer in support of a Federal Government customer in Washington, DC.
- Perform privacy impact analysis and assessments.
- Provides privacy data security and monitoring, and migration strategies.
- Audit privacy and security standards and communicate all related compliance issues/gaps to client.
- Assess threat and vulnerability information from all sources (both internal and external).
- Participate in security and privacy incident investigations, incident tracking, response plans, and activities related to security and privacy.
- Recommend improvements and enhancements to protect information and assets and ensure compliance with federal and state privacy and security regulations. Develop mitigation and remediation plans as a result of vulnerability assessment findings.
- Research best practice programs with specific emphasis on privacy and security.
- Develop, recommend, and implement best practices and procedures for protecting information, assets, and security. Provide feedback to managers on implementation and completion of new security and privacy standards and procedures for clients.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Participate in security and privacy training and education including development of security alerts.