|Location||West Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2019|
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Major, Lindsey & Africa's Interim Legal Talent Group has an immediate need for a Privacy Counsel to sit in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York.
Position Details and Requirements:
A real estate services and investment firm has an immediate need for a Privacy Attorney on an ongoing interim basis. The ideal candidate will have 5-15 years of relevant experience, including:
- Expert knowledge of data privacy law.
- Building and implementing data privacy programs for large, multinational companies.
- Performing privacy impact assessments.
- Reviewing and negotiating data processing agreements.
- Providing cross-functional support to Commercial, IT, HR, Marketing, Compliance and Legal teams with respect to management of data privacy and protection risks.
- Assisting with CCPA risk assessment, remediation plan and implementation.
- Offering cross-functional privacy compliance advice under US, Canadian and Latin American data privacy law is a huge plus.
- Assisting with completing data inventories and data flow maps.
- Assisting with e-privacy compliance assessments.
- Revising employee and third-party privacy notices for CCPA compliance.
- Developing data subject rights policies and processes for CCPA compliance.
- Assessing privacy risks of emerging business activities.
- Developing communications and training and deliver training to business and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with review of data processing and data transfer agreements.
- Assisting with assessment of implementation and compliance with cross-border transfer mechanisms.
This person must have a strong work ethic and be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments. In addition, the position requires a strong attention to detail and excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Competitive. Commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply as directed. We look forward to hearing from you.