|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
Privacy Project Manager
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA has an opportunity for a Project Manager to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in supporting the implementation of an Enterprise-wide privacy program.
This high visibility program incorporates the entirety of the VA and all of its component Administrations and staff offices. As part of the Privacy Service team, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of eight to ten Privacy Professionals; including mentors and advisors who provide information on privacy requirements for emerging tools and technologies
- Work closely with VA Privacy Service staff; including VA Privacy Service Director
- Lead the establishment of an Enterprise Privacy Office and Function that provides greater centralization and consistency of privacy services
- Coordinate and lead security and privacy activities to ensure compliance with applicable privacy requirements; evaluate and monitor privacy policies, procedures and processes
- Manage the development of implementation and procedures plan/template for the inclusion of NIST 800-53, Rev. 5
- Responsible for on time deliverables of assigned and related security and privacy artifacts
- Assist VA PM with the execution of audits for specific VA functions for compliance
- Ensure privacy activities and standards are aligned with cybersecurity and the Office of Information Security policy and standards
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the program
- Demonstrated experience in a remote work environment
- Ability to proactively communicate and coordinate with various internal and external project stakeholders, depending on needs
- Identify and communicate symptoms for process improvement