|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||January 15, 2020|
**C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title:Security Audit Specialist
Location: San Jose – Orchard
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
Third Party Data Sharing Program: We are looking for strong Application Security and/or Network Security expertise that also have some skills/awareness in data security to support Client Third Party Data Sharing Program. They’ll mostly be looking at the transport methods being used, so a lot of the work will be auditing and understanding our APIs as well as our network flows for data going out.
• Work with Client cross-functional business units to inventory 3rd party data sharing engagements
• Responsible for data analysis, validation, collection and reporting 3rd party data sharing inventory audit
• Research, extract and analyze data from various sources, including databases, manual files, network/firewall logs, and external/internal websites
• Document security, privacy, shared data elements/transport methods for each engagement
• Identify and manage issues, risks and dependencies during the project
• Create and publish regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reporting
• Drive threat modeling, security design and code reviews for public/internal API-s.
• Help define overall application security strategies and procedures
• Help define operational processes to refine Information Security processes and procedures.
• Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards that help team to track/report on compliance
• BSCS degree with 4-8 years of experience or an MS degree with 2+ years of experience
• Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
• Ability to determine risk based on context
• 2+ years of related hands-on security product development experience (Java, Python, JS) with web applications is highly desired.
• A background in security of mobile applications would be a great plus (knowledge of iOS and Android is a plus)
• Development experience in Node.js, Python, Java is highly desirable. Experience in other technologies like PHP, Go, Scala is a plus.
• Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
• Strong business analysis skills and an ability to work well with all levels of an organization
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and experience in applying these skills to resolve issues encountered within the inventory audit process
• Experienced in leading initiatives across multiple domains with minimal direction for manager
• Foundation of familiarity with information security and privacy controls (i.e. NIST, GDPR) and reviewing legal contracts
• Ability to understand data sharing methods (API, file sharing, sharepoint)
• Strong attention to detail, project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and experience in applying these skills to resolve issues encountered within inventory audit process
• Effective communication and collaborative verbal, written and listening skills; and experienced in communicating via video conferencing, phone conference calls, email, instant messaging and in person
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within virtual and in-person environments
• Experienced in summarizing business analysis progress for executive reporting, progress metrics reporting and within Agile methodology reporting
• Effectively document reporting requirements, process and validation of data components as required
• Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access and familiarity with Salesforce
• Creates and publish regularly scheduled and ad hoc reporting
• Ability to work flexible work schedule when needed to accommodate meeting with Client global business teams (i.e. meet at 7 am or at 5 pm Pacific)
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Computers, Engineering, Information Technology or experience in related field