|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
What Data Privacy Compliance Senior Analyst contributes to Cardinal Health
Based in Dublin, Ohio, you will be part of the Ethics and Compliance Department. This role assists with implementing and maintaining the Company’s Global Privacy Compliance Program with responsibility for Global Data Privacy support for Cardinal Health businesses with operations outside the United States.
Accountabilities in this role
- Works closely with the Data Protection Officer and assists with implementation of compliance requirements related to the GDPR and other region/country-specific privacy requirements and data protection regulations.
- Builds strong relationships with U.S. Compliance team and key stakeholders across functions and regions, including, but not limited to, Legal, Human Resources, IT, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Security and business.
- Helps to drive compliance with Company’s Global Privacy Compliance Program by assisting with the implementation and maintenance internal policies and procedures, privacy notices and consents, records of processing activities, vendor risk assessments, data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), and document retention requirements. Assists U.S. Compliance team with analysis, reporting, and notification of data breaches as well as reviewing data subject rights requests.
- Assists with the development and delivery of training and general awareness activities related to data protection.
- Participates in the development, implementation and ongoing compliance monitoring to enforce the Company’s Global Data Privacy Compliance Program.
- Undergraduate degree and paralegal certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in data privacy compliance preferred
- Must have strong verbal, written and software skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of legal and compliance concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Completes work independently; ability to understand and implement action plans based on general guidance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop practical and innovative solutions to a wide range of problems
- Ability to handle on complex projects and understand and prioritize risks
- Customer oriented attitude and ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects with a sense of urgency
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.