|Date Posted||May 22, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Lake County IL, is looking for a Sr. IT Compliance Consultant.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Privacy Compliance expert on the GRC Compliance team. US Privacy lead supporting both Business Technology Services and Divisional IT for Privacy Guidance, SLC Support and IT Controls assurance for Privacy and Business Sensitivity consideration.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, manage and provide advise and support on privacy, security and data protection to meet compliance with laws and regulations for new and existing systems and solutions.
- Develop a structure used to continuously monitor and improve privacy and security controls.
- Ensure adherence to privacy and security standards; review and approve project Software Lifecyle (SLC) deliverables.
- Provide technical expertise on specific technologies and compliance program solutions, PCI and SWIFT.
- Provide leadership and training processes to ensure awareness and adherence to security and privacy policies and practices to project teams and stakeholders.
- Maintain policies and procedures to align with GDPR privacy controls to allow Abbott to conduct business in territories which are subject to those controls.
- Provide audit support, controls monitoring and finding remediation with special focus on Data Privacy controls.
The position is responsible for providing guidance and support for data privacy regulations including GDPR within IT scope. The role will be part of the overall Enterprise Cybersecurity compliance group which provides audit support, controls monitoring and finding remediation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent plus 6+ years of related work experience with IT Data Privacy and audit support, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize work in a logical, thorough and succinct manner.
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, and self-directed
- Good awareness and interest in Data Privacy including HIPAA and GDPR with a willingness to become a qualified GDPR certified professional (if not already obtained).
- Good understanding of Information Security – CISSP or similar certification preferred but not essential.
- Good understanding of IT systems and controls including: Web systems, e-commerce, data centers, network infrastructure, patching, access controls, databases, CRM, cloud systems etc.
- Familiarity with risk management principles, regulatory requirements and, industry best practices.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing assignments and ability to effectively prioritize
- Effective with written and verbal in English communications at all levels, providing data privacy and other compliance guidance to project teams, management and business partners
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.