|Date Posted||January 3, 2022|
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This role is remote within the United States. All applicants must already be located in the U.S. and this role is not eligible for sponsorship. We currently have a requirement for a Technical Support Engineer. This position will support a large government agency with over 1500 offices and 100k users nationwide. The Technical Support Engineer supports and troubleshoots an Avaya VoIP solution. This position is located in Baltimore, MD. Applicants must already be in the US and this role is not eligible for sponsorship.
An individual contributor who provides remote post-sales support of software and/or hardware systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers or field personnel utilizing telephone and remote diagnostic capabilities. Provides support for end user installations of medium complexity, configurations, upgrades and migrations through basic problem solving and troubleshooting. Includes supporting 3rd party products and occasional on-site support. Analyzes symptoms, logs, and data required to resolve issues of medium complexity. Proposes and monitors the implementation of solutions for non-routine customer reported incidents to ensure that situation is resolved. May proactively monitor for downstream effects as a result of the fix. May highlight other issues. Works with limited guidance on projects within defined criteria.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day responsibilities include the monitoring and troubleshooting of an Avaya Communications Solution.
- This includes using such tools as Windows Desktop solutions.
- Interacting with customer representatives.
- Interacting with tier 4 technicians to determine solutions to issues.
- Updating tickets.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Heavy Red Hat experience required - Must have knowledge with some if not all of the following: Avaya System/Session Manager, Communication Manager (CM), Avaya Contact Center (AACC), Avaya Aura, SIP/DS3s, NetIQ, Avaya Experience Portal, Firewall and Switch technology.
- Full time position.
- A two year college degree or certifications in the above technologies are preferred, or 5-10 years’ experience in VoIP and SIP technologies or Avaya technical support experience may be considered.