|Location||White Plains, NY|
|Date Posted||May 26, 2021|
As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, Verisk Financial integrates one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. We combine data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer and business insights and integrate this data with the most technologically advanced platforms.
Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. Our clients include more than 50 top U.S., Canadian, and other international financial organizations, regulators, payment providers, merchants, and media. Argus is the leading source of segment-level portfolio management benchmarking data, analytics, models, and advisory services. We maximize value delivery to clients by combining proprietary data sets, cutting-edge software and analytic tools, domain expertise, and our unique results-oriented approach. Customers worldwide use our services for tailored data management solutions that include business intelligence platforms, profile views, mobile data solutions, enterprise database services, and fraud risk scoring algorithms for marketing, fraud, and risk mitigation. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives. To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an exceptional Compliance and Control Officer to establish a Verisk Financial-wide Compliance and Control function that encompasses Compliance, Audit, and Information Security. This leadership role will be responsible for establishing our Compliance and Audit function, as well as developing our Information Security function, and act as a subject matter expert to ensure our businesses remain fully compliant with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual obligations.
Your main responsibilities would include establishing a comprehensive control framework encompassing relevant policies and procedures overseeing our business practices including data use as governed by all relevant legal and contractual obligations. In parallel, you will establish an audit function to validate our ongoing compliance with policies and procedures and develop an ongoing awareness and education process for the entire business on the importance and application of a control framework. All work will be performed closely with the Verisk Financial legal to develop and implement any necessary improvements to the existing programs, and you will report directly to the CFO.
- Set-up an internal audit function to monitor and validate our compliance and application of our policy and procedure base and integrate with the existing Information Security team to ensure consistency of approach and the development of a world-leading compliance function.
- Establishing a formal audit policy, audit calendar and perform regular risk-based business reviews as necessary and implement a formal issue resolution process to track all audit issues until they are fully closed with process changes implemented.
- Establish and enhance the control and compliance focus and mindset across Verisk Financial through the development of appropriate education and training materials around our compliance framework.
- Meet regularly with our Senior Leadership Team and report on our overall compliance status.
- Assume responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of our policies and procedures and update as needed.
- Work closely with the legal team to leverage and enhance the contract database as necessary.
- An experienced Control and Compliance professional, who is passionate to create a business-wide control mindset through positive education and reinforcement of a compliance culture.
- Experienced in working in a fast-moving, data-led organization with exposure to GDPR and other relevant regulations and laws.
- Experienced leader with relevant experience in leading an internal audit, compliance, or information security function.
- Unafraid to tackle resistance to change, with a calm attitude and clear communication skills that encourage team members to actively participate in and support the enhancement of our overall control framework.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.