|Date Posted||September 12, 2021|
Company is starting a new team that would engage with the policy makers and stakeholders around the globe to advocate for consumer privacy, particularly relating to ads and children. You will be the subject matter expert of product, legislative and regulatory developments around data privacy in online advertising specifically pertaining to children.
What you’ll do:
- Be the “GM” of the Ads Privacy product
- Advocate for Company to bring in external perspectives into the company to inform the executive team
- Drive the vision, position, strategy, perception and direction of the Ads Privacy Product
- Co-own the product roadmap with the Product, Engineering and Data Science teams
- Understand the data governance and public policy implications of data privacy in online advertising
- In-house expert in COPPA, children data protection laws
- Regularly engage with legislators and regulators to identify key policy issues
- Work with the global team to develop briefing papers, blog posts, presentations, consultation responses and conduct webinars, brown bags and client presentations.
- Exposure to CCPA/GDPR privacy implications
- 3 years of experience with data privacy regulatory requirements and compliance issues
- Technology start-up experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience/interest in COPPA compliance
- Strong knowledge and experience of Data Protection and Privacy laws (GDPR/CCPA/COPPA)
- Experience in a trade association, think-tank, university, consulting, law firm, compliance, and in-house
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
- Fluent knowledge of ad tech, with bonus points for understanding various supply models, buying models across different channels like desktop, mobile in-app, OTT, video, etc.
- Strong technical aptitude
- Understand the necessity of being seen as a trustworthy consultant by clients and balance that effectively to transcend the typical “vendor” relationship.
- All aspects of global privacy laws and regulations including data protection, retention, security, and data breach reporting requirements
- Degree in Law/Technology related subject
- 5+ years working directly or advising on privacy, security, or technology policy issues (3+ years with advanced degree in related field).
- IAPP qualification(s) CIPP/E, CIPM, etc