|Date Posted||September 7, 2019|
Vice President (VP), Senior Compliance Officer – Americas reports to the VP, Team Leader and works in conjunction with a team to address data breach incidents reported to the Data Privacy and Protection Office within Americas Compliance. The VP, Senior Compliance Officer is an individual contributor position that will focus primarily on handling data breach incidents for the Global Bank. In addition, to a lesser extent, the VP will also participate in Compliance related functions which could include risk assessment activities as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on related regulations including change management process, policy and procedure updates, and support for Privacy related initiatives that may have a data breach or related regulatory component.
Your role includes ongoing facilitation of data breach incidents with partners, for incident containment, root cause analysis and remediation. You will also maintain and record detailed documentation of incidents for which you are leading; provide metrics and incident reporting for line management; and call out to executive management and regulators, when needed. You will prepare notification communication to consumers, regulators and agencies.
Position will also include Compliance related functions such as regulation change oversight and tracking; risk assessment activities for regulations as a SME over certain regulations; governance oversight activities for regulatory or internal testing reviews; support for Bank-wide annual training and other data breach training; and policy and procedural updates. Additional responsibilities may include performing business user certification of data base application where incident details are captured.
The position may require oversight and training of new staff members over time. You will also participate in periodic table-top exercises to promote readiness for breach response. This is not a 24X7 command center function but rather typically involves “standard working hours”.
- You have a BA degree with a minimum of 10 years of compliance experience in the banking/financial services industry
- Your focus is on privacy compliance or similar risk management experience, with dynamically growing responsibilities.
- You own strong leadership, consulting, presentation and project leading skills.
- You possess a good working knowledge of compliance-related laws, regulations and regulatory/legislative processes. Understanding of Privacy and Data Protection laws/regulations and GLBA.
- Privacy certification of CIPP US, CIPT or CIPM.
This role requires a teammate with integrity, a strong work ethic and the ability to:
- You will work in a fast-paced environment independently and enthusiastically, with minimal oversight;
- Consistently follow a standardized process while also seeing opportunities for operational improvement where needed;
- You will efficiently investigate incidents and complete related project tasks, demonstrating strong analytical skills, time management and detail oriented focus;
- Effectively facilitate incidents and related discussions among partners, and periodically communicate with regulators and executive management;
- Summarize incident details and provide related reporting in a clear, concise and consistent manner;
- Use excellent judgement in actively directing business partners on next steps toward resolution of data breach incidents;
- Provide high quality guidance in keeping with due diligence standards and established processes;
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, including actively handling priorities, timelines, teams, and deliver results;
- Demonstrate strong performance skills which includes: quick learner; organized, efficient, self-starter, results oriented, high quality output, excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexible, customer service oriented, a multi-tasker in a fast pace environment.